[at-l] Dogs

Let us not get ourselves all a thither over the dog question. I am sure no
one on this list is supportive of inconsiderate hikers who also are dog
owners and bring them on the trails. Just as we are not supportive of
inconsiderate hikers period, however they chose to exhibit their lack of
social grace.
And yes, and inconsiderate hiker/dog bringer is toward the bottom of the
totem pole of inconsiderate hikers, as you cannot argue with the dog unless
you are extremely good with dogs in which case the dog, understanding that,
probably would not do its bad acting with you anyway.
Yes, taking a dog hiking, especially long distance hiking, requires
additional effort on the part of the owner.
I have come across some not very well managed dogs while hiking but the worst
of them was still far more preferable than some of the humans I have
encountered.
I've seen some very good comments on how to and how not to. As I can I'll
consolidate them, add some, etc., and have us [or at least me] a ready made
response for the next "can I take my dog," questioner. A post version of
lecture # 3
I'm Done
Plum'Crazy