Re: [at-l] The I LOVE YOU virus

On Thu, 04 May 2000 16:22:15 -0400 Tim Hewitt <thewitt@fairchildsemi.com> wrote:
>I of course use a Mac on my desk, so I'm not prone to Windoze infections :).
>
>-Paddler
>--
>Tim Hewitt
>Principal Software Engineer
>Fairchild Semiconductor

You know you have a winner platform when no one bothers to write viruses, etc. for it ....lol.
Not just any company could start out with virtually 100% of the GUI market and, through superior market savvy, a burning, even maniacal, desire to completely control every aspect of their customers use of the computer they supposedly own, and being sure that no operating system they produce is backward compatible so as to maximize their profits by requiring all their customers to upgrade to get new application software, drive their market share to less than 4 % in just a few short years.  That’s true genius. Oh, I'm sorry, it was the evil genius BILL THE TERRIBLE that made them do it, right?... ;o) Ah…. particularly if they are trying to backpack it on the AT (there, it IS trail related..=o)).

Sign-UP for your FREE Backpacker Email at http://www.backpacker.com/email
P.S. Click here to get a FREE trial issue of BACKPACKER:  http://www.backpacker.com/subs/home.rhtml/I9KF001