Pack Funk was Re: [at-l] Dehydration Questions

--- Tim Wilson <timwilson@post.com> wrote:
> Stargazer
> P.S.  Tips for getting the stink and salt residue out of your pack would be
> much appreciated.

I'm thinking two or three listers have used/recommended Fabreeze.
Before hearing of this, I was going to try rubbing a little Dr. Bronners
before every rain storm, or even Dove (you're *definitely* soaking in it).

On my throughhike, the (external's) straps/hip belt never got stinky, just
salty, and I didn't worry about that.

Who's tried what?

=====
Sloetoe

"And yet we shouldn't have needed the cataclysm to love life
today. It would have been enough to think that we are humans,
and that death may come this evening."   Marcel Proust, 1922.