[at-l] Kephart Prong

Clear DayMy very favorite one day hike in the Smokies is Kephart Prong.  I have parked my car at the parking area at the beginning of KP and hitched rides up to Clingman's Dome and come back through KP to my destination at the car.  There are great balds and waterfalls and old ruins of houses and such.  I, too, was intimidated by the wire cages on the shelter there.  Also, I've only encountered one bear off an old logging road.  Well, it was a Mama with two cubs....so, I backtracked slowly and quietly.  Other than that, no problem.

Heading to Rainbow Springs on the 10th for six nights.  Staying in a cabin/shack.....really living it up!
Come by and say Hi......

Laurel

multipart/related
  multipart/alternative