Re: [at-l] trip report (medium)

<<We did cut it a little close with the food and the cold weather, but we learned not to do it again. And it was a glorious trip, even in the rain and the mist and the cold.>>  <snip>

I never did get around to posting a "real" trip report from Woodelf and I's Easter weekend hike.  But I learned a lot of things that weekend that 10 years of backpacking - in *nice* weather - didn't teach me.  It was fortunate that I was with someone very experienced in cold weather hiking.  I think that had I gone out there by myself, I would have been very unprepared and very possibly gotten into trouble.  Instead, thanks to his knowledge, I was prepared and toasty warm all weekend long.  I learned that you *HAVE* to have the right gear/clothes for that type of weather.  And if you do, you are comfortable.  If you don't, you might suffer greatly.  Snow, ice and rain were no problem for us in any way.  But only, like I said, because I went with someone who knew the possibilities of the weather at 5000' in that area, and knew what to bring.  Judging from the weather reports *I* looked at, I was expecting much milder weather.  So - what did I learn?  Hike with a winter elf . . !
. :)

The Redhead