Re: [at-l] Cheerio in the Smokies

Coosa wrote:

> I have had a strange fear of hiking thru the Smokies and the shelters with
> fencing across them are the main reason.  I've hiked on some trails around
> Cosby Cove area and stayed in the numbered campsites, though and enjoyed
> that.

I didn't particularly enjoy the Smokies. The weather was fine, but the
crowds were different. And I hated the shelters but dearly wanted to
avoid a bear encounter. I went through in four nights. Two years ago
Puffin did it in three with one night of stealth camping and two nights
in a camper trailer...

Give Me Chocolate