Re: [at-l] Dehydration Questions for 'The Doc-In-The-House'

> I don't know what "fasting tea" is.
> I wonder if you are taking a bit of
> ephedrine in this tea with the appetite suppression, and not simply caffeine.

mm... fasting tea is lovely.  i drink it primarily because it tastes great
sans sugar- it's not sweet exactly, but the licorice aftertaste gives you
something of the impression of having just had having had something sweet.
hard to describe.  yum.  the appetite suppression could be psychological,
for all I know.  Either way, I find unsweetened tea tastier and less jarring
than black coffee.  easier to make, too.

got this list from one site or another... I get mine from an herbalist, but
I'm guessing it's similar (although I have a hunch mine is mostly licorice,
cinnamon, and dandelion):

 Licorice Root, Fennel Seed, Cinnamon Bark, Barley Malt, Alfalfa Leaf, Red
Clover Leaf, Hawthorn Berry, Gotu Kola Herb, Beet Root, Ginger Root, Burdock
Root, Yellow Dock Root, Dandelion, Black Pepper, Natural Cinnamon Flavor

> As long as you are
> avoiding the signs and symptoms of dehydration, a morning jolt of
> tea/coffee is fine by me, assuming you are getting plenty of water through
> out the day.

I guess my concern is that I drink the tea all day long.  I make a full pot
hot in the morning, and whatever I don't drink (usually like 1/2 qt), i mix
with water in a 1L bottle.

I was briefly into fasting/detox while camping... until i realized it was
why i kept coming home unbelievably sick.  i guess psyllium husks and tea
really *aren't* enough sustenance for a week in the woods.  who'd of thunk
it?  ;)

-BEN