Re: [at-l] not trail related - about that dinner-time telemarketer

In a message dated 04/28/2000 9:22:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
A77camper@aol.com writes:

> I answer the phone in German. Some times Spanish, or Russian.  Most
>  telemarketer hang up fast.

'Twas a great trick for avoiding touts in Asia -- they'd come up to my sister
and I asking in English or German us about rooms, tours, etc...and we'd chat
to each other in Greek (hers perfect, mine enough to get by with).
Eventually, they'd look at us in digust and leave us alone. :)  We got
caught, however, by a tour bus operator who wanted us to sing Greek folk
songs...now THAT took some talking to get out of! <G>

Cheers, Navigator