[at-l] Rascal rpt from PCT/AT??????

report from Rascal, 98GA2ME:

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Behrens [mailto:rascal_babyruther@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2000 11:06 AM
Subject: Another Report

For all of you who thought that we were crazy to all quit and walk the PCT,
you're now going to know we're crazy.  I took a wrong turn in the bus, and
we wound up in Georgia.

Actually, Jennifer was having a real hard time breathing and her sinuses
were bleeding out there, then they ran into some snow/ice problems where Bob
was using his ice ax to chop holes for them to put their feet.  Talk about
slow going.  The trail also isn't well-marked, so when there is ice on the
trail for over a mile, you don't really know where are going.  Then more
snow came in - we tried to wait it out to get back on the trail, but then
knowing that there was a couple hundred more miles of the same conditions
down the road, we made the decision to go do the Appalachian Trail.  Second
time for Bob, but we're hoping more enjoyable for Jennifer.  We've already
met some really neat people on the trail even this late in the season
there's lots of people.  We've seen a 78-year old lady who's doing amazingly
well.

Rascal and Sunny (we figured after 200 miles on the PCT, she didn't need the
name Rookie anymore) started last Tuesday.  They've gone 75 miles on the AT.
   Better get going since I'm in an outfitter store using their e-mail.  Let
you know soon.

Hootie:
Tell Nomad that we're at Hiawasee - 75 miles along trail. We hope to catch
up to him somewhere down the road.

Pat Webster:
Bob and Jennifer are wondering how Cauy Hudson is doing on the PBR.

Bill:
A special thanks to you, for your help in getting us maps.  WE WILL get you
and Joanne thanked formally about 6 months from now.  PROMISE.