Re: [at-l] Ten Questions

As luck would have it, I woke up late this AM and didn't get my postcard to
bring to work but I can remember at least one other typical question:

  Have you seen any bears?

Typical answer:

  Yeah.  In New Jersey.  (It's the only state along the trail with no
hunting allowed. - or soemthing like that.)

Oh yeah, and then there's:

  How long is the trail?  2160+ miles.
  How long will it take you?  About 6 months.
  How much does your pack weigh?  usually between 25 and 35 pounds with some
as low as 15 and some as high as 80.
  Are you hiking alone?  Most do - but only until they meet their trail
family.