[at-l] Re: at-l-digest V1 #1624

Replying to three things in the digest:

Re: questions asked of thru-hikers: How many pairs of boots/shoes do you go
through (i've heard this one on all three big tails from LOTS of people.

Re: the late southbound hike -- sounds GREAT -- I know someone who did one,
always wanted to --posssibly next year. Autumn is my favorite season. You
might hit some snow, but often snow in the southern Appalachians comes in
late winter. By that time, you'll be so fit, it doesn't matter. I started my
AT thruhike northbound from Springer on January 23 -- all depends on the
particular year, of course, but I think you'll have a great hike, although
water may be a little scarce on some of the ridges in PA and VA.

Re: festivals: Anybody know how many AT festival/gatherings there are: Lets
see: Hot Springs (still?) Trail Daze, now Damascus, Monson -- where else?

Karen Berger, in digest-land