[at-l] Car Insurance

Hi all,

I know that a lot of people drop the insurance on
their car when they go on a thru-hike, but that was
not an option for me. I originally planned to shell
out the money to pay for insurance in advance, but
then I learned that you can declare a car as a
"low-mileage" car if it's going to be driven less than
7,500 miles in a 6-month period. I decided to do that
with my car, and now that monthly rate is going to be
about 15% of what it normally is! In short, I'll have
to pay less than $100 to insure my car for the roughly
6 months that I'm on the trail.

I don't think this is just in Louisiana (where I
live). If you're planning a thru-hike, you might want
to ask your insurance agent about the "low-mileage"
thing. My insurance is with State Farm. I don't know
about other insurance companies.

Nina
55 more days
One month till I'm no longer gainfully employed

=====
Visit the Louisiana Hiking Club's website at http://www.geocities.com/louisianahikingclub