Re: [at-l] late southbound

It can be done. Did a yo-yo in 1992-3. Started back south on 21 Sept 1992.
Did wish I had snowshoes a few times, but got thru without them.

Wildbill

In a message dated 04/26/2000 3:25:22 AM EDT, transient@backpacker.com writes:

<< I'm considering a very late August - very early September start on a
southbound. Any thoughts on that time frame?. I'd much rather hike in
relative cold than hot. I don't particularly want to have to bring the webs
with me, though. It seems to me that the southern mountains get most of their
heavy snow in January or February and even later. Am I dreaming on this? I
should be able to finish sometime in January. I'd think the traffic would be
just about nonexistent that time of year. Any ideas on how scarce water could
be during that time this year? Would a flipper be a better idea....don't
particularly want to do it that way, for some reason I can't explain, but.....