Re: Fw: [at-l] Gear question

In a message dated 4/25/00 6:22:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, coosa@fox21.net
writes:

<<  I'm going to real rain-gear -- perhaps light goretex or maybe
non-breathable with pit and other zips for air flow. >>

Having been in the area this weekend, with the snow, ice storms and all - may
I say that I was happy to have the heavier gortex shell with the pit zips?
(I won't mention that a) with my gloves on I couldn't unzip or zip them
myself and b) what Woodelf was wearing worked just as well and was way
lighter and c) HE was carrying all the gear, so I wouldn't have noticed the
few extra ounces or pounds that jacket added anyway . . . )

;-)
The Redhead

It all varies, I guess.  I was really comfortable in what I had on.