From: Robert Behrens [mailto:rascal_babyruther@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2000 8:17 PM
Subject: First Report

Currently at Kamp Anza Kampground receiving top-notch trail magic from Paul
and Pat A#1 trail angels at Hikers Oasis.  We've only seen 2 rattlesnakes, 1
bobcat, and very little running water in the last 154 miles. The next big
challenge will be San Jacinto Wilderness due to snow; however, conditions
look good at this point.  We will probably freeze after these 80 to 90
degree temperatures.  Water has been in fairly convenient locations; however
at one point we had to carry 10 litres for a 24-mile carry.  Jennifer
(Rookie) began her trek with a "one more day - one more blister" attitude.
But has been hiking in her tennies and is beginning to heal.  Yesterday she
has bitten by her first tick of the trek.  Jason has spent about half his
time on the trail and the other half with Ruth in the motor home.  Ruth is
getting quite proficient at driving "the bus".  Bob (Rascal) keeps plugging
away with just little aches and pains.

And after 2 weeks of being in close quarters together - we still even like
each other.  Update you again when we get to a town that is big enough to
have a library.  So far the biggest metropolis we've been through has had a
population of 2,244.

"Talk" to you soon.
Rascal, Rookie, Jason, and Ruth

6) Nacona & Bald Eagle's Itinerary can be found at
http://www.pcthiker.com/pages/journalset.html - click on Itinerary..(maybe
we could do some magic via maildrop??)

7) H aka Brian Brown, a 96er and a good friend, is starting the PCT April 27
or so... mailto:doadonut@hotmail.com , notice the his e-mail address, "Do A
Donut" was his favorite phrase during his 96 AT thru-hike...

8) Nimblewill Nomad aka M. J. Eberhart - mailto:nomad@alltel.net will be
hiking south from Cap Gaspe Bay, Quebec starting around the 1st of June,
planning on going to Key West..  FYI: he will be getting off the trail to
speak at the Gathering in Oct.  Also he will speak at Trail Days and may
visit us at Trail Fest.

9) Signfield aka john kincheloe - mailto:jkincheloe@hotmail.com - msg below: