[at-l] Beginning of Trip Report

The scenario - an incredible hike, undergone this weekend by Woodelf and
myself, from Elk Garden to Fox Creek (a new section for me, yippee!!!!)
A few thoughts, observations, rhetorical questions, etc . . .

Snow? You've got to be kidding, right? (He wasn't.  I knew he wasn't joking
when Weathercarrot DIDN'T laugh.)
"Soon" or "near" should be interpreted relatively speaking.  Like "The top of
the mountain is near" should actually sound like this.  "Relatively speaking
(relative to, say, the distance from here to Springer) the top of the
mountain is near."
Never hike without Leki's.
Icy rain is not all it's cracked up to be.
If you gotta hike in cold weather, hike with a Winter Elf.
The Easter Bunny can find you, even on the Trail.
Always have at least two pairs of socks. (or hike with a well equiped elf)
I understand how he carried the wine, music and candlelight . . . but where
the hell did the waiter and table come from???
"Is that a blue blaze on top of a white, or a white blaze on top of a blue?"
The above gives rise to my personal philosophy, developed just this weekend,
with a slant towards saving being misplaced, of "Don't leave home without
your Trail guide."
Ponies really CAN sound like a thundering horde of elephants. . . . I swear.
Real hikers don't filter. (warning - this is a JOKE. do not treat as advice .
. . )
Rime ice is fascinating.
A mail drop in Troutdale is not a good idea on Easter Weekend.
"Why is this called Bear Pen?" "That gate keeps the bears on THIS side of the
field."
(can't be worse than the elephants, I'm thinking . . . )
"Is this privy ventilated enough, do you think?"

The Redhead (tired but quite sure the Mt Rogers area is the greatest section
I've done so far . . . )