Re: [at-l] Gear question

In a message dated 4/20/00 1:48:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
m_factor@hotmail.com writes:

<<  But in the relatively moist and humid appalachians during
 most of the spring, summer, and fall, waterproof but not goretex jackets are
 good enough. >>

Until this weekend I would have thought that described the AT around Mt
Rogers.  I was mistaken.  Give me Gortex, or give me death . . . . wait, you
qualified that with "most".  I forgive you this time.

;)

The Redhead (amusing trip report to follow . . . )