[at-l] Gear question

OK I know that this information is probably stored somewhere in the
archives, but I could not get the search engine to work. Anyway, I am in
the process of converting from a heavy hiker (50 lb pack) to a lite
hiker (under 30 lbs). I have selected MOST of what I need for new gear
to accomplish this, but I am unsure about raingear, which can be quite
heavy.

I know that the ForggToggs gear was mentioned at times, but I went to
their website and there really isn't any technical information
available. Currently, I carry an EMS poncho and rain pains (in leu of
long underwear) - not gorex to anything, just nylon. I was wondering
what the rest of you guys carry and why. Thanks for your help.

-Chomp 99