Re: [at-l] Glucosamine Chondroitin Update

Well, you are onto the most likely problem. The manufacturer only has to
provide a safe product, not necessarily an effective or accurately labeled
product. I typically send folks to Costco or Walmarts for Glucosamine.
Sam's should sell a pretty reliable product. The usual dosage in journals
demonstrating improvement in _function_ (notice I did not say pain), seem
to stay at the 1500 mg per day dosage. I understand many advocate dropping
the dosage, but I have not comprehended the logic behind that.

Of course, if you are doing further joint injury (such as running and long
distance hiking), I would suggest you supplement with an NSAID. I would
also be very deliberate with the condition of your shoes and socks to
maximize your cushion. I have met you and know your size and some of your
history. I suspect that running is not a great idea for an exercise on a
long term basis. Do you have access to a lap pool?

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA