[at-l] Sleeping bag question

I bought my synthetic 20 degree mummy bag by mail order several years ago.
Being 6'2" and at the time over 240 lbs. I ordered the long and wide variety.
 It is now apparent to me that this bag is way too wide and long.  Not just
small differences either.  A 7 foot giant could sleep comfy in this bag.  I
think I could easily do without 12" of length and 6" of width.

If I could get it tailored to fit, I would obviously gain two advantages,
weight savings and more warmth (since I wouldn't be heating all that extra
air space.)

Is there an economical way for this to be done?  The bag is still quite
serviceable.  Suggestions?

Happy trails,

Solar Bear

"The true profession of a man is to find his way to himself."  Still looking,
but I'm not finding any blazes.  :)