Re: [at-l] SORE knees!!

Probably from sitting in too small an airline seat on the flight home.
;-)

Actually, that might not be such a joke. Your last day did include
Albert Mt. which is tough in either direction. I doubt you were
listening to your knees so much that day. Your feet hurt you, and may
have also drowned out the knees. Sitting in transportation with
excessive flexion may have completed an injury, or complicated
stretching.=20

For now you need RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) as well as
aspirin or similar pain relief. If you aren't better within a very few
days, see a real world doc. I have similar experiences with my ankles
after hikes. No problems while in the woods, but they seem to go crunch
each morning as I walk the dogs and pick up my paper in the yard. I
even sometimes walk like Granpa McCoy.

OB

I'm home and not on the ISP to post to the list. Would you forward it,
please?

--- Kristen Kupersmith <kristen@phoenixdsl.com> wrote:
> Since I have finished my section-hike, my knees are KILLING me! They
> never hurt me while I was hiking... after my first two 0-mile days, I
> woke up, and both knees were in excrutiating pain. Especially my
> right knee. It is swollen, and I can barely walk...=20
> Anyone else have experience with this? Dr. Orange Bug, know why this
> happens??
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_02CF_01BFA786.198B9EA0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Forward from Orange =
Bug:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><B>-----Original =
Message-----</B><BR><B>From:=20
</B>Orange Bug &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:orangebug74@yahoo.com">orangebug74@yahoo.com</A>&gt;<BR><B=
>To:=20
</B>Kristen Kupersmith &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:kristen@phoenixdsl.com">kristen@phoenixdsl.com</A>&gt;<BR>=
<B>Cc:=20
</B><A href=3D"mailto:thornel@attglobal.net">thornel@attglobal.net</A> =
&lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:thornel@attglobal.net">thornel@attglobal.net</A>&gt;<BR><B=
>Date:=20
</B>Sunday, April 16, 2000 8:51 AM<BR><B>Subject: </B>Re: [at-l] SORE=20
knees!!<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>Probably from sitting in too small an =
airline seat=20
on the flight home.<BR>;-)<BR><BR>Actually, that might not be such a =
joke. Your=20
last day did include<BR>Albert Mt. which is tough in either direction. I =
doubt=20
you were<BR>listening to your knees so much that day. Your feet hurt =
you, and=20
may<BR>have also drowned out the knees. Sitting in transportation=20
with<BR>excessive flexion may have completed an injury, or=20
complicated<BR>stretching. <BR><BR>For now you need RICE (rest, ice,=20
compression, elevation) as well as<BR>aspirin or similar pain relief. If =
you=20
aren't better within a very few<BR>days, see a real world doc. I have =
similar=20
experiences with my ankles<BR>after hikes. No problems while in the =
woods, but=20
they seem to go crunch<BR>each morning as I walk the dogs and pick up my =
paper=20
in the yard. I<BR>even sometimes walk like Granpa =
McCoy.<BR><BR>OB<BR><BR>I'm=20
home and not on the ISP to post to the list. Would you forward=20
it,<BR>please?<BR><BR>--- Kristen Kupersmith &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:kristen@phoenixdsl.com">kristen@phoenixdsl.com</A>&gt;=20
wrote:<BR>&gt; Since I have finished my section-hike, my knees are =
KILLING me!=20
They<BR>&gt; never hurt me while I was hiking... after my first two =
0-mile days,=20
I<BR>&gt; woke up, and both knees were in excrutiating pain. Especially=20
my<BR>&gt; right knee. It is swollen, and I can barely walk... <BR>&gt; =
Anyone=20
else have experience with this? Dr. Orange Bug, know why this<BR>&gt;=20
happens??<BR>&gt; <BR><BR></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_02CF_01BFA786.198B9EA0--