RE: [at-l] Calendar triple crown

"Robinson, Brian A" brian.robinson@compaq.com wrote:

There's no question that slackpacking and skipping around would increase the
chances of completing the triple.  However, I feel that since most
thru-hikers do continuous journeys it would be "cheating" to skip around.
(Call me a purist, but I also feel the same way about slackpacking.)

But I'm interested what others think.  Would it be acceptable to "claim" the
triple having skipped around?

Brian -

Are you:

Hiking a triple crown?
Hiking a triple crown with a 20# backpack?
Hiking a triple crown with a 30# backpack?
Hiking a triple crown with a 40# backpack?
Hiking a triple crown with a 50# backpack?
Hiking a triple crown with a 60# backpack?
Hiking a triple crown in a continuous manner northbound on the AT?
Hiking a triple crown in a continuous manner southbound on the AT?
Hiking a triple crown in a continuous manner northbound on the PCT?
Hiking a triple crown in a continuous manner southbound on the PCT?
Hiking a triple crown in a continuous manner northbound on the CDT?
Hiking a triple crown in a continuous manner southbound on the CDT?
Hiking a triple crown with a 20# backpack in a continuous manner northbound
on the AT, PCT, CDT?
ect.
ect.
ect.

Just hike the damn hike.  It is the journey - not the pack or the direction.
Take a slack if it is offered, and revel in it.  Take a cookie if it is
offered, and revel in it.  Skip a section, and come back to it later.  And
when you are done - successful or not - you will be welcome here to set a
spell and tell us all about it...

pittsburgh