Re: [at-l] Calendar triple crown

In a message dated 4/11/00 7:22:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
brian.robinson@compaq.com writes:

> I believe it's possible.  (Do you?)

I do believe it is possible, however, I think it will require some
flip-flopping and a lot of expense and an incredible amount of logistical
support to put in the kind of daily miles you'll need to do without wearing
yourself out.

I'm assuming you will take every opportunity to slackpack, hopefully most of
the way.

I think it would be best to start at Springer and hike to just short of the
Whites. Then, depending on weather conditions, head for various benign --
relatively speaking -- sections of the CDT and PCT.  Rack up as many miles
that way until weather allows you to start a southbound CDT hike to finish
that trail, then go back and finish the AT, and head out west for a
southbound PCT hike.

Piece of cake!  ;-)  If you've got some time left over come to Florida and
throw in a Florida Trail thruhike and make it a Grand Slam!

Happy trails,

Solar Bear

"The true profession of a man is to find his way to himself."  Still looking,
but I'm not finding any blazes.  :)