Re: [at-l] Children?

David Addleton wrote:

> My observations:
>
> 1) Kids LOVE the outdoors -- I started mine out car camping when they were
> still in diapers, usually pretty primitive car camping ... no showers,
> running water, or electricity ... they loved it ...

My mom has a great photo of me sitting in a cardboard box "playpen" next
to a lake when I was a baby. You can see the old Army tent in the
background. The other day she asked why I liked backpacking so much.
"It's all your fault," I replied, "You shouldn't have taken me out
camping when I was little." (I also gave her my why-I-do-it reply, which
is quite honest and straightforward, I think. And she got it, I think.)

Give Me Chocolate