[at-l] Survey

Oh well here goes:

trail nic:  Chainsaw

aka:       dave hicks

aka:        daveh@usit.net

where:    Dublin, VA

age:        60 and not counting anymore.

status:    Married, three kids & four grandkids (two step and two direct).

enjoys:   Life.

pad:       Thermarest but planning to change -- another |)@|^^||^^| leak

shelter:   Nomad

sex:        For a little longer, I sincerely hope...

race:       No, slow walker.

gender:  M

cooks:    About anything.  Particularly like to bake and make ethnic soups,
                stews, and made dishes -- w/ an emphasis on traditional
European
                peasant cooking.

music:    Celtic, jazz, folk, old country, blue grass

reads:    Just about everything I can get my hands on, except SF and Fantasy
                (which my wife takes care of for the family)

works:   Only volunteer -- now that I'm retired

kids:      Three kids & four grandkids (two step and two direct).

hikes:     Yes.

travel:     Only for pleasure, now.  For years, I was away from my family
               200-275 days a year, on average.

spice:    Yes

drink:     Glenkinchie, Glenmorangie, Laphroaig, Dalwinnie, Dallas Dhu,
               etc.; a good port every now and again; Murphy's Irish Stout,
               Dark Island, Fraoch, Newcastle, and other ales w/ character

intro:       "Would you care for a wee dram, now?" or other civilized
                 greetings

frame:     Both

stove:      Coleman/Peak maxi-fuel (Propane/Butane) for short trips;
                 whisperlite when fuel en route is an issue

AT:           Maintain two segments, hiked 700+ miles, live 40 minutes away.

AT intro:   Back during the college years

peeves:    1) People who have never lift a finger to maintain the trail yet
                      complain about trail conditions.

                  2) People hiking the trail who complain about a maintainer
                       interfering with their wilderness experience.  I'd me
                       glad to propose a 2000 mile bushwhack for them, if
                       them really want that.