Re: [at-l] Is there anyone out there?

Been lurkin' for over a year.  I've learned alot...gear and technique
related, and which topics to avoid (oh yeah, as a lurker I guess I've avoided
them all  <g>).  I'm not sure why I've not posted, just too lazy, or insecure
in what I may have to add. Use to be on the "other list", and left
voluntarily.  I've always felt alive and at home when outside. I collect
rocks, maybe to try to bring a piece of  the "at home" feeling with me?   I
am 43 y/o divorced female.....2 kids  son 18, daughter 15....originally from
IN...been misplaced in CT for 30 years......Had wanted to backpack since I
was in high school, gear and outfitters weren't what they are now.....I've
always done a lot of hiking and car camping, but it seems there was always
some obsticle keeping me from doing more...so last Nov I decided if I was
ever going do go bpacking I had to seize the opportunity and make it
happen...so I went for my first overnight trip on the AT in CT.  I really
enjoyed it...but   this old gray mare ain't what she used to be!   I have
since decided to look into more light weight options for what I ever intend
to lug uphill. I'm planning to go for 4 days in the Adirondacks later this
month.
    WHEW!     Guess I tend to be long winded, too!   Now aren't you sorry you
lured this lurker out into the open?        Tina