[at-l] RE: Is anyone out there?

Well, since going to digest mode, I'm mostly a lurker soo.... here
goes:

trail nic:  Saunterer (but may change it before I get to 'Thru')
aka:         James F Bullard
where:    West Stockholm, NY (North of the Adirondacks, almost in
Canada and several hours from any point on the AT)
age:        55
status:   Married (34 years this August)
heart:     Yes, I have one. My Dr. checks it annually. Not sure
why but she's always seems amazed to find that it's in tip top
shape.
enjoys:  Art, photography, hiking, life (work is *not* a natural
part of life)
pad:       Thermarest when tenting
shelter:  Hammock preferred but I do have a tent
gender: Male who likes females.
sex:        Yes, sex is enjoyable but one of nature's dirty
tricks. It can get in the way of a good friendship.
race:      White, anglo-saxon (with a smidgeon of native
American), not protesting anything.
races:    Burlington Marathon once. I'd like to do it again but my
knees won't let me.
cooks:   Not much. I do eggs and most anything that comes out of a
can or a box with directions (especially microwave).
music:   Cat stevens, Beatles, Journey, Eagles, Arlo Guthry,
contemporary Celtic, classical, sitar.........
reads:    So much it sometimes annoys my wife (Eastern Religion,
AT books, Tolkien, photography, Harry Potter, art how-to,
computer/web stuff)
works:   Sadly yes. Office supervisor/LAN Administrator with the
NYS Dept of Labor looking forward to retirement.
Passion: Black & white photography.
kids:      2 grown and on their own (girl/boy). The younger (boy)
is a 3D programmer and the older is a Disability Analyst.
hikes:    Slowly (1.5 -2 mph). I'm overweight and carry too much
(camera gear).
sign:     Scorpio
Religion: No affiliation (am sort of a follower of Paramahansa
Yogananda)
gods:   Ganesha (I've had lots of obstacles to overcome in life
and need all the help I can get)
drink:   Addicted to Diet Pepsi (trying to kick the habit), wine
occasionally, beer never.
AT intro: Don't exactly remember. The 1985 Trailside 2 part
program on thru-hiking comes to mind but I was aware of the AT
before that.