[at-l] report

Last Friday son(Scooter) and I decided to take a little hike.  We drove
up to I-81 and US 11 just north of Atkins, VA.  We had hopes of linking
up with our friend Hopeful.  Well Hopeful was ahead of schedule.  and had
left earlier that morning.  I told my son let's hurry, he will rest at
the shelter.  We hiked and hiked as fast as we could that 5.5 miles.  We
stopped and rested a bit at the Old Settlers Museum.  We were told we
could have a free. look.  I tell you that water in the well house was the
coldest and the bestest.  I had not tasted water that good since I left
the farm as a 10 year old boy.

Well we got to the shelter and Hopeful had already been there.  Another
hiker came up and said he had talked to him about 10 minutes ago.  My son
dropped his pack and took off up the trail.  He went about a mile but
could not catch him.  We rested awhile and decided since we had to walk
about three hours on Sat. mowing a yard we would hike back out that
afternoon.

We were tired hurting puppies when we reached the car.  When we were
even though we were tired and hurting, we really enjoyed ourselves.

There was good water at the railroad crossing.  Of course there was good
water at the museum.  BTW, those folks at the museum seemed pretty hiker
friendly.  The the rest the way up to the shelter was along a well moving
stream.
Plodder
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.