Re: [at-l] love and the trail

>>> <BDKQuinn@aol.com> 04/05/00 02:07PM >>>
...I hope to find someone who will hike with me, not because I am going, but because it is their dream to.
#### YES!

I think the answer is far simplier than the question suggested.  It may not be the "way we live" or any of the things listed, but rather, what anyone searches for in companion...a person who shares their passion, whether it be painting, travelling, music.....Just so happens ours is the hike........
#### But does it HAVE to be the hike? What is it ABOUT the hike? It's NOT the fiction of the Wilderness(!), right? What IS it? Beautiful sunrise? Mountaintop storm? Heavy-painted sunset? We could get all these from a car window. What IS it?
You're right — it's a shared passion, but a passion for WHAT?

Brian
2001