Re: [at-l] to compass or not to compass?

In a message dated 4/4/00 10:43:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, wareagle@ioa.com
writes:

<< you are approaching it from a
 particular direction,,,take the compass and lay it on the ground next to the
 side of the shelter facing the way you want to go in the morning. When you
 wake up,,,you will know which way to go! >>

If I ever thought about this question upon being there, I wouldn't need a
compass.  I'd just tell myself - "remember, tomorrow you go right" or
whatever.  My hypothetical question (shut up, don't ask, I SWEAR it's just
hypothetical <g>) is, what if you AREN'T thinking about it when you get there
- you don't realize til the next morning that it's a problem.  THEN how does
the compass help you?  <vbg>