Re: [at-l] a sad hello again...

The trail has many surprises and pitfalls. This is indeed a real injury, at
least as debilitating as any orthopedic event.

We've seen this before with those supporting the hiker feeling abandoned,
lonely, or angry. It is important to review the level of commitment in
relationships, at least as important as weighing each ounce of gear.Yet
this can be a surprise for all parties once the fantasy of the trail
becomes a very strange reality.

I am sorry for you and your girl friend, as each of you have a major loss.
I hope you will give yourself a few days in town before a final decision
over ending your hike, regardless of how she handles her decisions. I
admire you for putting your wounds out for others to share, as I know it
hurts acutely.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA