Re: [at-l] HIking as Meditation?

Lynn, I certainly do, but perhaps not in the same way.

When I'm hiking, I feel the zen mind. Open, aware, in all points at once,
noticing both the microscopic and the panorama, reveling in the details
around me, more richly than I do in everyday life.

It doesn't matter whether I'm alone or with someone (other than I tend to
share my child-like WOW excitement at insights when hiking with a partner), I
fall into a rhythm, a cadence...and yes, dare pause to breathe in the scent
of wildflowers, stop to listen to a splash in the river, stare for minutes at
the intricate textures of tree bark. Impressing scenes upon my mind. I love
that image of being "inside the poem" when hiking. Life is simply much more
vivid when I'm out there immersed in the outdoors...

Cheers, Navigator