Re: [at-l] jokes

Le prollym with this concept on e-lists is that inflection, nuances and
facial prompts, body position, and etc, cannot be observed first hand.
Unless you're of the "I refuse to take offense even if it's meant" state of
mind, you may read into a written joke or statement or article or book or
the entire internet and Library of Congress >>your own agenda<< -- ie, if
you're having a 'bad hair day' something may strike you as directed at you,
ugly and mean.  If you're feeling on top of the world (and your refund check
just came in the mail so you can buy more gear or different gear) you may
think what was written was hiliarious or at least mildly funny.

Tongue in cheek remarks may profit from a ;^p or a ;^S (satire) so that
others can be reminded that it's all in fun.

If we can't say it around the campfire with the other person sitting near
us, maybe we need to refrain from saying on the elist.  And if we read it on
the elist, then let's imagine the person sitting near us around the campfire
and know that since we do carry a 1 oz (or less) knife (with scissors) and a
few other items (which could be used to bop the offender over the head),
that SURELY what was elist-posted was not meant offensively.

;^S (of course about harming another hiker sitting around the campfire,
cause we wouldn't do that, even if we momentarily thought of it).
Most of the time, ;^S
Coosa
;^p