[at-l] HIking as Meditation?

The other day I was talking with a friend about meditation -- how to do it,
what you get from it, that sort of stuff.

After listening to her response, it occurred to me that, for me, hiking *is*
a form of meditation.  Whenever I'm out there, just walking along, I can
clear other thoughts from my mind, and I get lost in the walking aspect of
it, just watching the world go by at, of course, a very low speed.
Sometimes it's like the walking creates a hypnotic trance.

Anybody else out there have this sort of response to hiking?