Re: [at-l] The Turtle is back in his shell

Yo, next time you come and want to do some day hiking or short overnights in
the Georgia Section of the AT (and into NC), holler at me.  Bring the
family, use the livingroom (KC and Amazon can vouch for the floor-space),
and stay a week or two -- it's not that hard to Section Hike the AT in No Ga
with overnights only needed at a couple spots -- in fact, most places you
can get a car with your gear to, and you can slack pack -- so let's pick up
at Tesnatee to Poplar Stomp and down to a car 2 miles down a side trail and
home to a hot shower, take a day off to sight see with the family, then back
up that trail and down to Unicoi Gap.  Another day off, then Unicoi to Tray
Mntn Gap, another day off, then an overnight to Dick's Creek Gap (OR I know
another back way, hehehehe, at Addis Gap on the Hiawassee side, but it's
downhill to the car and Up Hill back to the Trail),

Just let me know,
Coosa

To all (and especially some):
I have abandoned attempts to hike the AT.
The day "Tentoes" (now Cheerio) arrived at Neel's Gap (sorry I missed
you, Paula) I dropped off the trail with out adding much to last years
mileage. This year I made it to Tasnatee Gap.  The problem? Knees. I'm
 just getting to the point that I can walk on them with minimal pain. I
could never have afforded to sit it out this long near the trail. Now I
believe I really didn't have the desire needed to make the trip. What
ever, I'm giving up the AT. I do intend to continue hiking and camping,
but closer to home--maybe sections of the Ice  Age Trail or the North
Country Trail.

I wish blessings on each  of  your hiking opportunities and am sad I
didn't get tmeet more of you, but feel blessed to meet those I have met.

Turtle  GA>ME 2K--over
http://www.minot.com/~turtle