Re: [at-l] knees

I slipped near Iron Mountain Shelter south of Damascus and tore the medial
menicus cartilage in my right knee three years ago. Ended that hiking season for
sure. Had arthoscopic surgery 6 months later, was hiking 8 weeks after that.
That was some 800 miles ago. I use a lot of Advil now - 16/day on doctors orders
to keep the swelling from starting. I would >>definitely<< recommend surgery, or
whatever it takes to get you hiking again. I am also 50 - I was the one next to
Sloetoe at the Ruck stove cook-off, Judge.

Good luck.

- Gary from Fairfax