[at-l] Measuring trails

In a message dated 03/27/2000 10:03:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
DaRedhead@aol.com writes:

<< But to make this Trail related . . . anyone ever notice that the the road
off of usfs 230, in turn off of state route 107, towards Cherry Gap that the
guide book says is  point six miles is a wee bit farther than that?  I need
something that I can take with me to measure the darn thing.  Where can I get
whatever I need? >>

    You need a measuring wheel.  I have one of these, and if you were
anywhere near New Jersey, I'd be glad to lend it to you.  Since you're not,
you might want to check if some local club has one of these things.  They are
the only accurate way to measure a trail, as far as I can determine.

        Daniel Chazin