Re: [at-l] what we do

In a message dated 03/23/2000 10:33:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cgroesch@bellsouth.net writes:
> Good for you!  I wonder if this is an American thing.  A friend from
>  Manchester (UK, not NH) said that over there it's considered somewhat rude
> to ask people what they do for a living.

Could be, but in India, people on the street would not only (upon a moment's
acquaintance) ask what you did for a living but also how old you were, how
much did your plane ticket cost, if you were married and had children, and if
not, why...

Different strokes for different folks!
Cheers, Navigator