[at-l] off topic: cookies

The following is a true story of a lady who decided to take
revenge against a company that ripped her off. I thought it was a nice way
to get even and illustrates the power of people when empowered with the
Internet.
Enjoy...
Can you believe...

My daughter & I had just finished a salad at Neiman-Marcus Cafe in
Dallas & decided to have a small dessert. Because both of us are such
cookie lovers, we decided to try the "Neiman-Marcus cookie". It
was so excellent that I asked if they would give me the recipe and the
waitress said with a small frown, "I'm afraid not but you can buy
the recipe".
Well, I asked how much, and she responded. "Only two fifty, it's a great
deal!" I agreed, just add it to my tab I told her.
Thirty days later, I received my VISA statement from Neiman-Marcus
and it was $285.00. I looked again and I remembered I had only spent $9.95
for two salads and about $20.00 for a scarf. As I glanced at the bottom of
the statement, it said, "Cookie Recipe - $250.00". That's outrageous!

I called Neiman's Accounting Dept. and told them the waitress said
it was "two-fifty," which clearly does not mean "two hundred and
fifty dollars by any *POSSIBLE* interpretation of the phrase! Neiman-Marcus
refused to budge. They would not refund my money, because
according to them, "What the waitress told you is not our problem. You have
already seen the recipe. We absolutely will not refund your money at this
point." I explained to her the criminal statutes which govern fraud in
Texas. I threatened to refer them to the Better Business Bureau and the
State's Attorney General for engaging in fraud. I was basically told, "Do
what you want, it doesn't matter, and we're not refunding your
money."
I waited, thinking of how I could get even, or even try and get
any of my money back. I just said, "Okay, you folks got my $250.00, and now
I'm going to have $25,000.00 worth of fun. I told her that I was going to
see to it that every Cookie lover in the United States
with an e-mail account has a $250.00 cookie recipe from
Neiman-Marcus... for free. She replied, "I wish you wouldn't do this." I
said,
"Well, you should have thought of that before you ripped me off," and
slammed down the phone on her. So here it is!!! Please, please, please pass
it on to everyone you can possibly think of. I paid $250 for this... I don't
want Neiman-Marcus to *ever* get another penny off of this recipe....
THE NEIMAN MARCUS COOKIE (Recipe may be halved):

2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal and blend in a blender
to a fine powder.)
24 oz. chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 - 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice, but we liked pecans best)

Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix
together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate
chips, Hershey Bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a
cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.

Makes 112 cookies.
Have fun!!! This is not a joke-this is a true story. Ride free,
citizens!
PLEASE PASS THIS TO EVERY ONE YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!