[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [at-l] re: Life with Earthworm...
- Subject: Re: [at-l] re: Life with Earthworm...
- From: "W F Thorneloe, MD" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:31:26 -0500
The thing I have enjoyed with this thread is how it deals with what we "do"
- as opposed to who we "are. " I often find myself in the trap of
describing my work and profession as my identity. I need the hike to help
get to the Zen of being in the here and now. My profession and possessions
only define the shackles and raiments I wear during this interval of life.
Real life is more elusive to define.
To all you 40-somethings wondering what you want to be when you grow up -
Salute! I hope to keep growing and wondering a bit longer. The trip is not
the destination, and the destination is not the trip.
* From the AT-L | Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html *