Re: [at-l] External frame packs

In a message dated 03/17/2000 2:05:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hudsom@us.ibm.com writes:

<< Jansport makes some very comfortable, reasonably priced packs >>

    I have a Jansport D-3 external frame pack which I like very much.  It has
metal things on the hipbelt that help support the weight of the pack, and
they work very well.  For many years, it was my only pack.  Several years
ago, a good friend of mine who worked at Campmor convinced me to buy a
Gregory Shasta, and I have now learned the delights of an internal frame
pack.  Nowadays, I use the Gregory Shasta more than the Jansport D-3, but I
often lend the Jansport D-3 to friends who come with me, and sometimes use it
myself.  Unfortunately, for some reason that I don't understand, Jansport
discontinued the D-3 pack about two years ago.

        Daniel Chazin
        Teaneck, NJ