Re: [at-l] bounce boxes

20 Mar 2000 16:37:58 -0500 hopefl@juno.com wrote:

SNIP
>                                           I'm wondering
>if it wouldn't be a good idea to put a repair kit in a bounce box so the
>Whisperlite could be cleaned every time I get to a town......when I
>finally get to thru hike.
>Hopeful

I'd carry the "O" rings with me.  I know folk have made emergency repairs
with baggies, etc.  However, fuel leaks worry me and I was prone to them,
when I used a Whisperlite.

Also, you may wish you had the tool to work the little wirery thing in the
fuel tube, unless you carry a mini-tool with pliers.  Working it every
couple of days (rather than waiting for the buildup to show up as a problem)
keeps the flame a lot cleaner.

Chainsaw