[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [at-l] bounce boxes
- Subject: Re: [at-l] bounce boxes
- From: "David Hicks" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 20:36:31 -0500
- Reply-to: "David Hicks" <email@example.com>
20 Mar 2000 16:37:58 -0500 firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> I'm wondering
>if it wouldn't be a good idea to put a repair kit in a bounce box so the
>Whisperlite could be cleaned every time I get to a town......when I
>finally get to thru hike.
I'd carry the "O" rings with me. I know folk have made emergency repairs
with baggies, etc. However, fuel leaks worry me and I was prone to them,
when I used a Whisperlite.
Also, you may wish you had the tool to work the little wirery thing in the
fuel tube, unless you carry a mini-tool with pliers. Working it every
couple of days (rather than waiting for the buildup to show up as a problem)
keeps the flame a lot cleaner.
* From the AT-L | Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html *