Re: [at-l] Cell phone sense of security

>This thread makes me think of something that happened a couple of weeks
ago.

>POG
>
>A Raggedy Ann living in a Barbie doll world.

This thread reminds me of the Thru Hiker I just met (mid 20's male) whose
Mother told him that she would be his support and mail his boxes if he'd
agree to carry a cell phone.   So, he's carrying the cell phone.  And his
mom is paying all the postage for his maildrops.  Seems like a fair trade to
me.  He said he removed the battery pack and has the cell phone carefully
packed away and doesn't expect to use it.

I don't think that anyone should apologize for Titanium gear, WM or FF bags,
or umbrellas anymore than for carrying a cellphone in his or her pack.

In fact, Ti-trekking poles are the Height of Conspicuous Consumption and I
think something that necessitates an "apology" for having  . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .  and I can hardly wait until I can afford a pair!

Coosa

Trail Angel, Flatwater Kayaker, AT Section Hiker, and Nana!