[at-l] My Dirty Little Secret, Cell Phones

OK, so when I backpack I carry a cell phone in the bottom of my pack.
Have I ever used it, no!!  Well I ever use it, probably not.  I do
believe in being prepared, I carry a compas and a map, but I am not going
to rely on something that may have its batteries die in a week.  I used
to run the emergency pre merit badge.  Evrry throught hiker should earn
the badge.  I know few who have thought of whqat happens if????  The
trail heads may be far apart and you may not see another person the rest
of the day.  A cell [phom\ne would be a viable option in such a
situation.

Grey Owl

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.