[at-l] External frame packs

I checked out the Dana Shortbed at EMS (can't stop looking at gear just
because you aren't buying). If you're looking for a pack to last your
husband the next 25 years it looks like it's bombproof. On the other hand
it weighs over 7 pounds, so I guess it's his call based on the kind of
hiking he does. I don't rememeber the price, I think it was on sale for
about $230 (back in Nov.)
Jansport makes some very comfortable, reasonably priced packs, and there's
always Kelty.

On the gear front, I got a package from Canada last night, my SilShelter
from ID came in. I'll have to set it up in the yard this weekend, even if
it is snowing <g>

Skeeter