Re: [at-l] cell phones

The old problem of what to carry, and who are you carrying it for?

Obviously the phone will not work except on certain peaks, and certainly
not after the battery fails. If your parents insist. learn about the bounce
box routine for mailing equipment between towns, and call them from the
post office before taping the box shut for another 5-7 days.

Cell phones make a bit more sense for weekenders and section hikers. I have
found that calling friends and family from the trail is not cool for
others, the person I am calling (loved ones feel taunted) or myself (it
gets me into city mode).

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA