Re: [at-l] Re: Vasque Sundowners

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:13:19 -0600 Debbi Stutzman <pwstudio@iquest.net>
writes:
> The Shoe question!!!  Vasque Sundowners are definetly for narrow feet
> -
That depends - they do come in wide sizes (though you may have to special
order them.)  I wore Sundowners for years and I have very wide feet. So
did Jim  and he's a EEE.  They were comfortable enough, but the last few
pairs have had problems with the goretex liners rotting out long before
the boot is finished otherwise.  I used to be able to get about 1200
miles to the pair. Jim got about 700 - but he walks differently.  My last
pair I happily tossed after about 800.  (They don't like to be wet for
prolonged stretches - they stiffen up badly and can cause serious pain.
Ours never dried long enough to put snowseal on them.)  So now I wear
Raichle lightweights  for everyday hiking, and Scarpas if I'm hiking in
snowy conditions.  We're trying running shoes too - but my wide feet make
them hard to fit.

Ginny

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.