[at-l] _The Art of Pilgrimage_

Currently reading the _The Art of Pilgrimage_ right now. (The book is not here, so I can not remember the name of the author. :-(   )

To anyone who has been on a quest, this book resonates. Long distance hiking really is a pilgrimage. We even have our own Mecca, a Mecca that goes by many names - Katahdin, Cap Gaspe', Manning Park, etc.

And like a pilgrimage, the true highlights of the journey are what is between the start and the end of the journey.  And like a pilgrimage, our journey is as much a mental journey as a physical one.

Very inspirational book. Though it does not relate to hiking per se, I think it is a book most of us can identify with.

Mags