Re: [at-l] Re: Light Pollution on the AT

I had the good fortune of being able to see the galaxy a number of times
along the trail (Wayah Bald, Stratton Mt in VT, Gorham, NH and more), but
Daicey was memorable in that I failed miserably in trying to point out the
little smudge in the sky to a bunch of other tired thruhikers planning on
summitting K the next day.  :-)  Cassiopiea's not bad, but it's really hard
to describe the legs of Pegasus without a chart and that's the best way I
can tell to describe the location of Andromeda.

Aside from along the AT, I've also seen it from Paria Canyon, AZ, the
Annapurna Circuit, Nepal, and other random places around New England - even
as close as 45 minutes from Boston.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99