Re: [at-l] Technology on the Trail

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 17:31:27 -0500 "Malcolm Fuller" <mfuller@somtel.com>
writes:

> By the way, Last summer I discovered that katanas are Wingfoot
> approved for trail use, but only if you attach spiritual
> significance to the weapon and practice with it in that vain.
> I was very tempted to res*bscribe to his list just to ask him
> whether I could take along my seven-hole punch if I worshipped
> it every morning and conducted daily presentation kata.

I wonder if WF knows what a katana is?   40 inches of razor sharp steel
is not  a toy.   Even sword Masters generally don't "practice" with them
- practice is usually with a bokken.   Nor would anyone with the mindset
to own a real katana be asking WF for "approval".   Sorry - I just find
it really curious that the question would even be raised.

Walk softly - and don't cut yourself,
Jim
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.